Wire-once connectivity across a wide range of choices
The HP Virtual Connect portfolio of products can reduce complexity and costs at the server edge. Virtual Connect is powered by Flex-10/Flex-20 Technology — designed to address bandwidth optimization demands in highly virtualized environments.
- Reduce complexity by up to 95%*
- Reduce cost of hardware by up to 65%*
- Reduce cost of power and cooling by up to 40%*
What is new with Virtual Connect
HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module
- Accelerate server virtualization and delivers converged data center services at the speed of business
- Drive data center performance to new heights with the Industry's first 20Gb server-to-network converged solution
- 40GbE uplinks and up to 8 Flexports enable higher aggregate bandwidth for demanding applications and workloads
- Reduce complexity with seamless SAN connectivity with direct attach Flat SAN technology
HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 630 Series adapters
- Enable server connectivity and faster VM migration with native, full-rate 20Gb performance per port
- Reduce CPU utilization and latency to deliver results faster
- Intelligent bandwidth provisioning enables full-rate 10Gb Ethernet and 8Gb storage simultaneously on each port
Virtual Connect v4.30
- Implements support for SNMPv3
- 40 Gb Dual Hop FCoE with HP Networking 5900 Series switches
- Provides support for 4K VLANs, defining networks across Virtual Connect domains
- Slice domain stacking for additional flexibility in enclosures
- 95%: A traditional server blade configuration would typically require a dual-port LOM, an extra quad-port NIC mezzanine, and a dual-port HBA along with switch modules (6 Ethernet and 2 Fibre Channel). The total traditional configuration components come up to 40 vs. the VC FlexFabric module solution. The VC FlexFabric solution requires only embedded dual-port FlexFabric adapters on servers (no mezzanine cards) and two VC FlexFabric modules. This simple calculation will help you understand it better, (40-2)/40=95 percent.
- 65%: Based on the difference of traditional interconnect and adapter cost when compared to the VC Flex-10/10D solution. Compare cost of 6 Ethernet switches, 16 quad-port NICs, to 2 HP VC Flex-10/10D. ILP, May 2010.
- 40%: Based on the difference of traditional interconnect and adapter power costs compared to VC Flex-10/10D solution. Compare cost of power for 6 Ethernet switches, 16x 1 Gb dual-Port NIC LOMs, 16 quad-port NICs to 2 HP VC Flex-10/10D modules connected to 16 embedded Flex-10 adapters. This notes refers to VC FlexFabric and not VC Flex10/10D.
HP Virtual Connect product portfolio
Wire-once connectivity across a wide range of choicesView and compare the entire Virtual Connect family
Converged & Ethernet Networking
Simplify the server edge & rapidly deploy network connections
Simplify connections to LANs and SANs
Virtual Connect Management
Centralize connection management and workload mobility
Virtual Connect Flat SAN direct attach to 3PAR
Eliminate 50% of SAN Fabric cost, complexity and bottlenecks