Agile infrastructure management for accelerating IT service delivery
HP servers power the compute requirements of customers of all sizes around the world, from the top stock exchanges to the neighborhood travel agency, and everywhere in between. All of these customers have one thing in common– regardless of the size of their IT infrastructure – and that is the need for it to be fast to setup, easy to operate, control and support, economical when it comes to space and energy, all while keeping a cap on IT costs. That is exactly why HP provides a comprehensive set of server management capabilities specifically designed to manage the lifecycle for the HP Server portfolio – from towers, to racks to blades. We call it HP Server Management.
In addition to providing server administrators with the tools to drive day-to-day operations, HP Server management offers out-of-the-box integration with leading enterprise management solutions from HP, VMware, Microsoft and RedHat, with altogether over 65 points of integration that help eliminate complexity and enable a “single pane of glass” experience.
HP Server Management is architected to include an open, industry-standard API architecture (REST APIs) that enables IT staff to quickly and securely customize server configuration and provisioning, and at the same time provide a common interface for integration to HP Helion and cloud ecosystems like OpenStack.
In short, HP Server Management is an agile infrastructure management solution for accelerating IT service delivery and support. Delivering three core capabilities:
- HP OneView. A software-defined, converged management platform that automates the approach to on-site infrastructure provisioning at enterprise-class datacenters
- HP Insight Online. A support automation tool, with the ease and simplicity of the cloud that helps customers quickly and efficiently diagnose, monitor and resolve support issues.
- HP Embedded Management. An essential collection of embedded management and scripting tools that are provided with every HP Server to help increase server administrator productivity.
And don’t just take our word for it, our customers and the industry watchers agree that HP management delivers useful innovation that lowers the time, complexity and cost of everyday infrastructure management. For example:
- HP has shipped over 9 million copies of our infrastructure management.
- HP server management has been recognized by the industry as innovative and breakthrough – see the award from Frost & Sullivan
- HP Partners praise the benefits of HP management in helping them efficiently support our mutual customers.
Time is money As a global provider of business and entertainment gaming-solutions, we need make sure our systems are set up for our customers as fast as possible. We’re excited about the software advantages of these new HP ProLiant Gen9 servers with UEFI and Intelligent Provisioning…. We effectively reduced server deployment time by 30%.
-Mike Owens, Manager, IT Lab Services, Bally Technologies
The companies I work with find that Insight Online is one of the biggest advantages of HP remote management tools. Customers like the idea of being able to see the status of their HP system from anywhere.
-Mikael Christenson, senior consultant, ATEA
Simply put, our goal is to build the best managed servers in the industry.Learn more about HP Server Management Portfolio
HP Server Management products
Comprehensive offerings for companies and workloads of all sizes By providing a comprehensive set of management offerings—purposely designed and packaged for small and large companies—HP can meet your management needs at every stage of the server lifecycle. HP offers server management solutions suited for specific customer types and requirements.
On Cloud Management –comprehensive online IT support management for servers, storage, and networking devices
- HP Insight Online- a simplified, online dashboard for infrastructure health monitoring and support management
On Premise Management –designed for medium-sized and enterprise data centers where infrastructure management practices and tools reside primarily on site
- HP OneView- converged management for automation simplicity across HP servers, storage and networking
- HP Insight Control- server management software for provisioning, managing and optimizing your HP ProLiant servers
- HP Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager- provides a central console to rapidly deploy and move server connections and manage group-based configurations
On System Management – A set of essential yet powerful server management capabilities, On System management provides embedded tools and scripting tools that increase server administrator productivity
- HP Integrated Lights Out (HP iLO) is embedded into every HP ProLiant server functioning out-of-the-box and providing essential remote management and control regardless of the servers' state of operation
- HP Smart Update solution (HP SUM / SPP) provides systematic and organized server updates via HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) or HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM)
- HP Intelligent Provisioning assists in the initial configuration and OS deployment for HP ProLiant servers
- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is the new BIOS mode for HP ProLiant Gen9 servers that aids with server configurations
- HP RESTful Interface Tool is a new CLI scripting tool which leverages HP RESTful API for secure, remote server configurations at scale
- HP Scripting Toolkit for Windows & Linux is a set of utilities that provides scripting for HP ProLiant server configurations at scale
- HP Scripting Tools for PowerShell is a set of utilities that can be used to perform configuration tasks on HP Servers based on PowerShell syntax and scripting models
High Availability - protect critical applications from planned and unplanned downtime by monitoring availability, services and databases over any distance
Hyperscale and Service Provider - advanced solutions enable cost-effective, user-friendly, error-free management of high-performance clusters and massive scale-out compute environments
Try HP Server Management software at no cost today
HP Insight Management customers
Learn about a few of the many delighted customers using HP Insight Management.
Product Head, Cloud Services
Customer case studies
Evaluate HP Server Management products
HP Server Management is a complete suite of server lifecycle management capabilities that can flexibly operate from embedded on-system utilities, on-premises management for large scale environments and now even from the cloud with HP Insight Online.
If you want to evaluate an Insight Management product - before buying it - then register below to receive up to ten (10) Insight Management Evaluation Licenses - and use them for the next 60 days, at absolutely no cost to you.
How to get started
- Select the HP Server Management products you would like to evaluate
- Select up to ten (10) evaluation licenses for each product
- Follow the instructions to download the software
Evaluate HP Server Management for 60 days at no cost
Evaluate these HP Server Management products at no cost
- HP Insight Online
- HP SIM
- HP Intelligent Provisioning
- HP Smart Update solution (HP SUM / SPP)
- HP RESTful Interface Tool
- HP Scripting Toolkit for Windows & Linux
- HP Scripting Tools for PowerShell
HP Licenses Types:
HP offers licenses to provide additional HP server management functionality and get a greater value of your server. Licenses are available for:
- HP OneView
- HP Integrated Lights-Out (HP iLO)
- HP Insight Control
How are licenses sold?
Licensing terms and conditions
HP Licenses have the following summarized terms and conditions for use. HP Licensed are 'per physical system'. (E.g. Ten physical servers would require ten Insight Control licenses, but one physical server with ten virtual machines only requires one Insight Control license.) License activation of a product for its intended target system is typically accomplished by entering a 25-digit license activation key. Once you activate your production software license, it's good for the life of the target system (i.e. a perpetual license). You may not transfer the activated product and license from one target to another. Product upgrades and updates are included in the HP Technical Support & Updates. The term of the support and updates can be extended to 3-, 4-, or 5-years by purchasing the appropriate Care Pack from HP.
After purchase, product registration is required to obtain the applicable license activation keys. More information is available here. Refer to the product End User License Agreement (EULA) included with your software for specific license terms and conditions for more information or contact your sales representative or reseller for more information.