The HP Moonshot Component Pack is a comprehensive firmware update solution, delivered as a single tar.gz file. The Moonshot Component Pack deploys firmware updates through a CLI that flashes the firmware components. Flashing the firmware components consists of delivering an update file to the HP Moonshot iLO Chassis Management Firmware, which distributes the flash file as appropriate. If you are not connected to the Internet during setup, download the latest pack from the HP website: (http://www.hp.com/go/moonshot/download).
Updating Satellite Firmware on the Gemini switch causes the switch to reset and temporarily lose network connectivity. In order to reduce exposure to this issue, the Satellite Firmware has been temporarily removed from the Moonshot Component Pack. Note that the switch already has the current version of the Satellite Firmware – no update is currently needed.
- HP Moonshot 45G Switch firmware has been updated to take advantage of performance improvements available with the latest HP Moonshot-6SFP Uplink Module hardware.
- Enhanced the platform memory subsystem to reduce the voltage level of for the DIMM module in order to save power. This feature requires HP Smart Memory for operation.
Added support for Emergency Management Services (EMS) Serial Port Console Redirection. This feature allows for operating systems to make use of the serial console for management and interaction.
- Possible security vulnerability related to SSRT101250 existed.
- Moonshot 1500 CM module serial port session timeout no longer makes the serial port unavailable.
- Moonshot-45G Switch port speed configuration is no longer erased after a port-channel is defined.
- Addressed an issue where a server would fail to boot or become unresponsive during the BIOS POST process. This issue occurred without output from the server serial port and no other indication of the server not booting.
SATA Option ROM now gracefully handles a rare BIOS POST process error if a failed hard drive
- Processor power and performance are now managed properly by the operating system even without the installation of the processor driver, preventing the the possibility of the power subsystem consuming additional power when idle.
- Entering the SET NODE BOOT command in one zone could potentially affect the node boot settings for cartridges in a different zone.
- Moonshot-45G Switch CPLD updated to address hot plug power sequencing.
See the HP Moonshot Component Pack Release Notes for more information.
If you are not connected to the Internet during setup, download the latest pack from the HP website: www.hp.com/go/moonshot/download
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below *.
Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
End user license agreements
Only significant CAs are included in this tab that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
Last revised: Thursday, October 03, 2013