HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity and HP ProLiant Moonshot servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and interactive command line interface modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hp.com/go/hpsum/documentation.
- Added support for new HP ProLiant Gen9 servers and options
- Node Deployment
- Node Deployment user interface has been modified to have Easy and Advanced modes as well as a component dashboard. With both modes, HP SUM will still present the components that can be installed on the node. Easy mode allows you to deploy the HP SUM recommended components in a single step. Advanced mode allows you to individually select which components to deploy.
- Node deployment can now scale to 50 nodes.
- Download baseline from hp.com now requires an entitlement token in order to download entitled components delivered with the HP Service Pack for ProLiant.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.4, VMware vSphere 6.0 U1
- HP Smart Update Manager ISO - The HP SUM ISO contains HP SUM and a bootable ISO environment. Firmware and Software components can be added to create a customized baseline.
- HP Smart Update Manager RPM - The HP SUM RPM is a native package for Linux and is also available on the Linux Software Delivery Repository.
- HP Smart Update Manager zip - The HP SUM zip contains the files for running HP SUM on supported Windows and Linux operating systems. The zip file can be found here - HP SUM 7.4.0 zip. NOTE - Linux file permissions for script and binary files must be modified to add execute mode.
NOTE - These downloads do not include software or firmware. Software and/or firmware can be obtained from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant, Integrity Firmware Bundles, Moonshot Component Pack, or download the latest components from hp.com using HP SUM baseline functionality.
- HP Smart Update Manager 7.4.0 User Guide: Enterprise Information Library
- HP Smart Update Manager 7.4.0 Release Notes: Enterprise Information Library
For supported browsers, environments, and hardware, please see the Enterprise Information Library.
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below. Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
Only significant Customer Advisories (CAs) are included in this tab that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
Last revised: Wednesday, October 14, 2015