HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and console (technology preview) modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hp.com/go/hpsum/documentation.
- Improved program stability
- Improved error reporting for VMware component deployment
- Discovery of hard drives behind HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controllers
- Japanese and Chinese language is now available when running HP SUM interactively in offline mode
Download from hp.com has been added as a location type to Add Baseline
- This allows the download of the contents of any Service Pack for ProLiants that are in the support window
- Improved Baseline and Node user interface
- HP Smart Update Manager ISO - The HP SUM ISO contains HP SUM and a bootable ISO environment. Firmware and Software components can be added to create a customized baseline.
- HP Smart Update Manager RPM - The HP SUM RPM is a native package for Linux and is also available on the Linux Software Delivery Repository.
- HP Smart Update Manager zip - The HP SUM zip contains the files for running HP SUM on supported Windows and Linux operating systems. The zip file can be found here - HP SUM 6.2.0 zip. NOTE - Linux file permissions for script and binary files must be modified to add execute mode.
NOTE - These downloads do not include software or firmware. Software and/or firmware can be obtained from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant, Integrity Firmware Bundles, or download the latest components from hp.com using HP SUM baseline functionality.
- HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 User Guide: http://www.hp.com/support/HP_SUM_UG_en
- HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 Release Notes: http://www.hp.com/support/HP_SUM_RN_en
For supported browsers, environments, and hardware, please see the Enterprise Information Library.
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below *.
Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
Only significant CAs are included in this tab that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
Last revised: Tuesday, February 18, 2014