HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and console modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hp.com/go/hpsum/documentation.
- Patched to address SSL/TLS MITM Vulnerability CVE-2014-0224 http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt
- Fixed dependency processing for Linux RPMs including proper handling of the hp-nx_nic-tools dependency for the HP QLogic nx-nic drivers
Legacy CLI mode
- Fixed error handling with Virtual Connect firmware deployment
- Fixed the situation when HP SUM would lose the location of the components which caused no updates to occur
- HP Smart Update Manager ISO - The HP SUM ISO contains HP SUM and a bootable ISO environment. Firmware and Software components can be added to create a customized baseline.
- HP Smart Update Manager RPM - The HP SUM RPM is a native package for Linux and is also available on the Linux Software Delivery Repository.
- HP Smart Update Manager zip - The HP SUM zip contains the files for running HP SUM on supported Windows and Linux operating systems. The zip file can be found here - HP SUM 6.4.1 zip. NOTE - Linux file permissions for script and binary files must be modified to add execute mode.
NOTE - These downloads do not include software or firmware. Software and/or firmware can be obtained from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant, Integrity Firmware Bundles, or download the latest components from hp.com using HP SUM baseline functionality.
- HP Smart Update Manager 6.3.0 User Guide: Enterprise Information Library
- HP Smart Update Manager 6.4.1 Release Notes: Enterprise Information Library
For supported browsers, environments, and hardware, please see the Enterprise Information Library.
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below *. Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
Only significant CAs are included in this tab that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
Last revised: Wednesday, July 02, 2014