HP ProLiant and AMD solutions
Determining the best way to handle growing computer workload requirements is key to solving today's IT challenges. As user loads increase for virtualized environments, database applications or high performance computing, HP ProLiant servers with AMD Opteron™ 6300 series processors can seamlessly handle growing workloads and allow balanced scaling across up to 16 cores per processor.
Take virtualization to the next level with HP ProLiant servers - now with the world's first 16-core processor. HP ProLiant servers powered by AMD Opteron™ processors offer superior performance, efficiency and scalability for demanding workloads like virtualization1.
The cloud is fundamentally changing the way we connect, with each other and with information. For enterprises, cloud computing is altering IT economics by providing vast computing resources that can be configured, reconfigured, and consumed on demand. Today’s world requires a converged delivery model, sourced across traditional, private and public cloud offerings.
HP's Converged Cloud extends the power of the cloud across infrastructure, applications and information. Providing customers with choice, confidence and consistency through an open standards-based approach that supports heterogeneous infrastructures, management and security offerings all within a single common architecture. With AMD Opteron™ processor-based HP ProLiant servers, you can build a powerful, scalable converged cloud infrastructure that delivers consistent performance no matter the workload, all of which makes smart business sense.
- 30 day ROI based on HP calculations assuming consolidation from more than 100 HP ProLiant DL360 G4 servers each with 2x 1-core 3.8GHz Intel Xeon processors at 20% utilization to one $12,482 HP ProLiant DL585 G7 with 4x 12-core AMD Opteron™ processor model 6174 at 60% utilization; $800 per year per server licensing fees. Actual ROI may vary.
Refreshed AMD Opteron™ processor-based
HP ProLiant G7 and Gen8 servers
The HP ProLiant G7 and Gen8 servers, featuring the AMD Opteron™ 6300 series processor, deliver a major boost in price/performance and the lowest cost per virtual machine. These new solutions from HP and AMD provide significant business advantages for virtualized environments with improved core density, high memory capacity and throughput and low virtual machine cost. It's the ideal platform for demanding environments like Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Big Data.
HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 server
Performance and flexibility that means business
HP ProLiant BL465c Gen8 server blade
The first server blade to deliver over 2,000 cores per rack1
HP ProLiant SL4545 G7 server
The first server purpose-built for Big Data
The first server purpose-built for Big Data
The HP ProLiant SL4545 server an industry-first, innovative architecture designed AMD based solution for Big Data applications. HP's new server can save businesses millions in total cost of ownership, while requiring 51% less space, 61% less energy, 63% fewer cables and 75% less admin time2.
Other HP ProLiant servers with the new AMD Opteron™ 6300 series processor could be found here
- The BL465c was the first server on the market (G7) to deliver up to 2048 cores per rack (16c x 2 x 16 blades per encl. x 4 encl. per rack).
- Based on internal calculations comparing Dell PowerEdge R510 servers plus four units of Dell Power Vault MD1200 direct attach storage, which consumes seven racks, 28 servers, 112 JBOD (just a bunch of disks) enclosures, 14 networking switches, 448 cables and 79 kilowatts of power to HP ProLiant SL4500 servers consuming three racks, six networking switches, 168 cables and 31 kilowatts of power. Savings of $0.5M in acquisition costs (or CAPEX); $0.25M savings in power, cooling and distribution costs; and $0.2M savings due to rent of data center floor space over a three-year period.
Broad portfolio of HP ProLiant and AMD Opteron™
More than 15 years of extensive collaboration results in an expansive portfolio of HP ProLiant AMD processor-based servers. AMD and HP continue to deliver exceptional solutions for a range of server customers, data center environments and compute workloads.
Change-ready Converged Infrastructure engineered to maximize every hour, watt and dollar
HP ProLiant DL servers
Versatile rack-optimized servers with a balance of efficiency, performance, and management
HP ProLiant SL servers
Purpose-built for the world's most extreme data centers
HP ProLiant MicroServer
Ideal entry-level server with essential features for small business
- SPEC and the benchmark name SPECvirt_sc are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See www.spec.org. The stated ProLiant result and competitive results reflect published results as of December 4. 2012.
- The ProLiant BL465c Gen8 Server Blade with 2 x 6380 processors produced a SPECint_rate_base2006 results of 492 and a SPECint_rate2006 result of 564. SPEC and the benchmark names SPECint_rate_base and SPECint_rate are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See www.spec.org. The stated ProLiant results and competitive result reflect published results as of December 4. 2012.
- HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server achieves the #1 2P x86 SPECjbb2005 benchmark. HP ProLiant DL585 G7 Server captures the #1 4P SPECjbb2005 benchmark. SPEC and the benchmark name SPECjbb are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See www.spec.org. The stated ProLiant result and competitive results reflect published results as of December 4. 2012.
Announcing the recently refreshed AMD Opteron™ processor-based HP ProLiant G7 and Gen8 servers
The refreshed HP ProLiant G7 and Gen8 servers feature the AMD Opteron™ 6300 series processor which delivers performance for the real world and value for real budgets.
- Record-breaking JAVA performance1
- Up to 74% 2 higher performance-per-watt than the previous generation
- Lower server acquisition cost and overall total cost of ownership (TCO) versus comparable competitive platforms.
- No compromise on feature set, every AMD Opteron processor features highest memory and I/O throughput, regardless of the price
Featuring AMD innovative solutions
Ensure that there are no bottlenecks or compromises
AMD turbo core technology
The industry's best full-core boost
AMD-P 2.0 technology
A suite of advanced features that can help to significantly reduce energy
Increase technical processing performance
- Up to 160% more cores to handle more virtual machines per platform and minimize datacenter space.
Comparison of 16-core AMD Opteron 6300 Series processor with 6-core Intel Xeon 5600 series processor and 10-core Intel Xeon E7 Series processor. SVR-30.
HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server achieves the #1 2P x86 SPECjbb2005 benchmark. HP ProLiant DL585 G7 Server captures the #1 4P SPECjbb2005 benchmark. SPEC and the benchmark name SPECjbb are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See www.spec.org. The stated ProLiant result and competitive results reflect published results as of December 4. 2012.
- Up to 73% more memory throughput to scale as your workloads grow.
Based on STREAM benchmark results obtained by AMD Performance Labs as of October, 2011. 73 GB/s: 2 x AMD Opteron™ processors Model 6276 in Supermicro H8DGT, 64GB (8 x 8GB DDR3-1600) memory, SuSE Linux® Enterprise Server 11 SP1 64-bit, x86 Open64 4.2.5-1 Compiler Suite. 42 GB/s: 2 x Intel Xeon processors Model X5670 in Supermicro X8DTT server, 24GB (6 x 4GB DDR3-1333) memory, SuSE Linux® Enterprise Server 11 SP1 64-bit, Intel Compiler v11.1.064.
Compared the SPECpower_ssj2008 results of 4,116 overall ssj_ops/watt (ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server (2.50 GHz, AMD Opteron 6380 processor)) against 2,355 overall ssj_ops/watt (HP ProLiant DL385 G7 (2.2 GHz, AMD Opteron 6174)). Both results are published as of December 4. 2012. SPEC and the benchmark name SPECpower_ssj are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See www.spec.org.
HP ProLiant DL servers
- Quick references
- Solution briefs
- Viewpoint papers