HP S6100N 16Gbps IPS Bundle
Product overviewThe HP TippingPoint S6100N Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Bundle provides 16Gbps of in-line, real-time protection, providing proactive network security for today's and tomorrow's real-world networks and data centers. The HP S6100N bundle features two HP TippingPoint S6100N 8Gbps IPS devices and one HP TippingPoint Core Controller. The bundle ships with rail kit mounting hardware.
HP S6100N 16Gbps IPS Bundle
- Handles up to 16 Gbps IPS traffic inspection — The HP TippingPoint Core Controller is deployed as a "bump-in-the wire" network element for up to three 10-GbE network links. Traffic entering the core controller is intelligently flow-balanced to two S6100N HP TippingPoint IPS units for traffic inspection. Malicious and unwanted traffic is blocked, and clean traffic is returned to the core controller for distribution , allowing you to scale security up to 16 Gbps with a single solution.
- Flow management across multiple IPS units — The HP Core Controller balances traffic inspection loads across multiple IPS units. In addition, the core controller supports both IPv6 and IPv4 traffic inspection and load balancing, providing maximum flexibility for heterogeneous networks. The unit guarantees flow affinity so that all associated traffic goes through the same IPS segment.
- Protect network resources and critical applications on 10GbE network links — The HP Core Controller enables automated, in-line traffic inspection, up to 20 Gbps, to protect network devices, virtualization software, operating systems, and enterprise and Web applications from attack.
- Proven in-line threat protection — Since 2001, we have been laser-focused on creating IPS solutions that provide proactive, in-line network protection while ensuring high network performance and availability. No network security solution remains in-line if it compromises network performance or uptime. According to a 2008 study by Infonetics Research, more enterprise IPS users use our IPS solutions in-line than any other.
- New extensible security framework provides a foundation for growth — The IPS platform includes an extensible security framework that has a modular software design built to support faster development and deployment of new IPS filter packages, security services, and partner security solution integrations.
- New IPS security services — The IPS N Series enables the convergence of new security services such as customer-defined IP DNS reputation entries, our Reputation Service, our Web Application Digital Vaccine (DV) Service, location-based policies (perimeter, core, etc.), and customer-developed protection filters.
- Modular design for solutions integration — The modular design of the IPS platform enables integrations with partner security solutions such as vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management (VA/VM) products, forensics solutions, security information management (SIM) systems, and network-based anomaly detection (NBAD) products
- Support for a broad set of traffic types — The IPS platform supports a wide variety of traffic types and protocols. It provides uncompromising IPv6/v4 simultaneous payload inspection and support for related tunneling variants (4in6, 6in4, 6in6). It also supports inspection of IPv6/v4 traffic with VLAN and MPLS tags, mobile IPv4 traffic, GRE and GTP (GPRS tunneling), and jumbo frames. This breadth of coverage gives IT administrators the flexibility to deploy IPS protection wherever it is needed.
- New threat suppression engine (TSE) — The IPS platform employs a new TSE to keep pace with the changing threats and evolving demands of today's enterprise networks and data centers. The TSE architecture utilizes custom ASICs and high-performance network processors to perform total packet flow inspection at Layers 2-7, performing thousands of checks on each packet flow simultaneously, and delivering a significant deep-packet inspection capacity increase to support new and future security service
- Proven reliability and redundancy — The IPS platform is designed to deliver unparalleled high availability. This ensures that network traffic always flows at wire speed in the event of network error, internal device error, or even complete power loss. There are two complementary high availability modes of operation—Intrinsic High Availability and Stateful Network Redundancy—that ensure maximum uptime and availability for both the IPS platform and the security management system (SMS) devices.
- Maintain network reliability for 10 GbE network segments — All HP TippingPoint appliances are purpose-built with the reliability to go in-line within enterprise and service provider networks. In addition, the HP Core Controller has sophisticated high-availability features, including redundant core controller configurability, built-in zero power high availability (Smart ZPHA), IPS heartbeat monitoring, link down synchronization, and hardware watchdogs.
- Flexible core controller and IPS redundancy configurations — The HP Core Controller solution allows an unprecedented level of flexibility to eliminate a single point of failure. Where 10 GbE redundant paths are implemented, one core controller can be deployed in each path, both of which then share a common pool of IPS units. As a result, an HP Core Controller or IPS can be removed from service without impacting network availability, performance, or security coverage.
- Hot-swappable XFPs and zero power high availability (Smart ZPHA) — Smart ZPHA is an optional, modular component available for the core controller's 10 GbE segments, enabling optical traffic bypass in the event of system power loss and providing an additional level of network uptime assurance. Smart ZPHA modules may be removed from the core controller without impacting traffic on the 10 GbE segment.
- Hardware and IPS monitoring — The HP Core Controller implements advanced monitoring to ensure high availability in mission-critical environments. The core controller periodically sends heartbeat packets across IPS connections. These heartbeat packets measure latency and availability of the IPS. If the latency exceeds a user-specified threshold, or if a user-specified number of heartbeat packets are dropped, the core controller will remove the IPS from the pool.
- Layer 2 fall-back mode — In the event one of the monitoring mechanisms triggers a fault, the core controller can go into Layer 2 fall-back (L2FB) mode. If a single core controller is deployed (non-redundant 10 GbE paths), traffic is managed accordingly, up to and including simply passing traffic through uninspected, if the policy is configured to do so.
Warranty and support
- 1-year warranty — with advance replacement and 30-calendar-day delivery (available in most countries)
- Electronic and telephone support — limited electronic and telephone support is available from HP; refer to www.hp.com/networking/warranty for details on the support provided and the period during which support is available
- Software releases — refer to www.hp.com/networking/warranty for details on the software releases provided and the period during which software releases are available for your product(s)
HP S6100N 16Gbps IPS Bundle
|HP S6100N 8Gbps IPS (JC577A)||HP Core Controller Base Chassis with 48x1000Base-T and 6x10GbE Ports (JC182A)|
|10 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T)
Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full; 1000BASE-T: full only
10 fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports
2 XFP 10-GbE ports (IEEE 802.3ae Type 10GBASE-LR)
Duplex: full only
|48 RJ-45 auto-negotiating 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T)
6 XFP 10-GbE ports (IEEE 802.3ae Type 10GBASE-ER)
Duplex: full only
|Dimensions||24(d) x 16.88(w) x 3.42(h) in. (60.96 x 42.88 x 8.69 cm) (2U height)||19.75(d) x 16.88(w) x 3.42(h) in. (50.17 x 42.88 x 8.69 cm) (2U height)|
|Weight||31.5 lb. (14.29 kg)||32.01 lb. (14.52 kg)|
|19 or 23 in. wide rack ears provided||19 or 23 inch wide rack -- ears provided, optional rails|
|Latency||< 80 µs||< 35 µs|
|IPS/IDS throughput||8 Gbps*|
|Network throughput||15 Gbps||Up to 20 Gbps|
|Connections per second||230,000|
|Operating temperature||32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)||32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Operating relative humidity||5% to 95%, noncondensing||5% to 95%, noncondensing|
|Nonoperating/Storage temperature||-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)||-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)|
|Nonoperating/Storage relative humidity||5% to 95%, noncondensing||5% to 95%, noncondensing|
|Voltage||100-240 VAC||100-240 VAC|
|DC voltage||-36 to -60 VDC|
|Current||8/5 A||8/5 A|
|Frequency||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz|
|UL 60950-1EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products-Part 1EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products-Part 2IEC 60950-1EN 60950-1CSA 22.2 60950-1ROHS Compliance||UL 60950-1EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products-Part 1EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products-Part 2IEC 60950-1EN 60950-1CSA 22.2 60950-1ROHS Compliance|
HP S6100N 16Gbps IPS Bundle
HP Care Packs for HP Networking
There are currently no care packs
HP Networking ServicesServices that add value to your business
The warranties on HP Networking products provide a robust foundation for ongoing network support, but many customers have advanced support needs. Today's enterprise businesses, regardless of their size, are under increasing pressure to reduce the cost and complexity of supporting their network infrastructures. Demand for new services from businesses and their end users is constantly increasing. HP offers an affordable, comprehensive portfolio of networking services for organizations of all sizes. HP has a unique services advantage you can benefit from, and HP is the only vendor in the IT industry that can provide integrated and consistent support for your entire technology infrastructure worldwide, including networking, servers and storage, and imaging and printing, as well as desktop and mobile computing, to help you grow your business with expert support that is affordable, personal, and scaled to your needs. HP Networking's implementation and design centers simplify your network planning, while HP Technology and Enterprise Services deliver choice and flexibility.
HP provides a full range of custom services to meet the end-to-end networking needs of our customers. HP Network Lifecycle Services form the core foundation of network consulting, assessments, planning, design, integration, deployment, and management. They are available as standalone services or can be crafted to deliver solutions across the services portfolio, spanning network performance, network security and risk management, global deployment, data center networking, wireless LAN/mobility, and Unified Communications and Collaboration.
Additional Support and Services
To get more details about the HP Services available in your country, please visit Networking Services
Please check the availability of these service in your respective countries.